Life is easier with a friend you can rely on. The friends we make all have faces full of character and cuteness, from fabrics and designs so huggable and soft that you simply can’t resist loving on them. All are also built to meet the highest quality and safety standards to ensure that a Mary Meyer friend is a friend for life. We’re a family company that creates family members to love and grow with for childhood and beyond.
Today, all eyes are on toy companies and the toys they make. We welcome this spotlight because at Mary Meyer, the safety and standards of our toys has been our top priority for over 80 years. The third generation of Meyers continues what our Grandmother and founder said for many years: “We’re not selling any toys to our customers that we wouldn’t also give to our own children”.
Here is our five-step approach to safety:
- Design – Exceeding ASTM standards is the mantra of our experienced designers. Getting it safe right from the drawing board is the key. Whether they are specifying how items are sewn or which fabrics and components to use, our designers constantly make decisions that keep our toys among the safest in the industry.
- Testing – The fabrics and construction of all Mary Meyer toys are fully tested to meet and very often exceed US safety standards. If a toy fails the tests, it is either dropped before production or is redesigned until it passes all safety tests.
- Production – Built-in processes during production are designed to maximize safety. These are just some of the examples of why a Mary Meyer toy is safe, no matter which toy it is. Examples are:
- All toys go through metal detectors to assure no metal fragments are inside our toys.
- All plastic eyes are sonic-welded in place to assure they remain firmly and safely attached to the surrounding fabric.
- All beans are sewn into inner bean bags in case during the life of the toy, there is a seam break. The beans remain contained inside a pillow.
- Inspection – Ongoing inspections during and after production are an integral part of our safety program. Not only are toys inspected for safety, they are also reviewed for quality control, design consistency, correct labeling, and package integrity.
- Compliance Certification – Mary Meyer has pdf’s of each toy’s CPSC Compliance Certificate available to the public as required by law. They can be found on our web site by clicking on the Certificates tab and scrolling to the item number desired. The item number immediately follows “MM”.
The Meyer Family